Connect from Mac to the Pi
(add protocol for RDP one time set up on the Pi)
Includes ARM7 EJ-S™, GSM, GPRS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth BR/EDR/BLE, GPS, Audio codec, and SD card connector on a single development board
That is staggeringly good isn't it?
- For a phone book of 3 names it takes 2 comparisons (at most).
- For 7 it takes at most 3.
- For 15 it takes 4.
- For 1,000,000 it takes 20.
- Best Case: In the telephone book search, the best case is that we find the name in one comparison. This is O(1) or constant complexity;
- Expected Case: As discussed above this is O(log n); and
- Worst Case: This is also O(log n).
Looking at the FlickR dataset… really amazing how many images are captured these days…
I’ve loaded the dataset into PostgreSQL/PostGIS which is doing a great job of handling it all. Shapefiles max out at 2GB so I needed about 11 of them to handle it.. which was pain.
Also the new QGIS 2.4 Chugiak is so much faster at rendering… as it uses multithreading. Great stuff!
Some useful links from meeting in Dundee Uni on Tue 22 July 2014
London Datastore — http://data.london.gov.uk/
Manchester - http://futureeverything.org/
Smart Citizen - http://www.smartcitizen.me/
FAB LAB http://www.fablabbcn.org/