A quick look at the density / spatial pattern from geotweets (i.e. those from smartphones mainly)… filtered on keywords as detailed in the image.
Mainly North of the border then….
That is staggeringly good isn't it?
- For a phone book of 3 names it takes 2 comparisons (at most).
- For 7 it takes at most 3.
- For 15 it takes 4.
- For 1,000,000 it takes 20.
- Best Case: In the telephone book search, the best case is that we find the name in one comparison. This is O(1) or constant complexity;
- Expected Case: As discussed above this is O(log n); and
- Worst Case: This is also O(log n).